4DS 3.57% 8.1¢ 4ds memory limited

I think that 4DS is on the brink of a pivot in their directions...

1. 3,914 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1903
    I think that 4DS is on the brink of a pivot in their directions - however - nothing will be confirmed until they have the metrics from PL3. Everything hinges on the metrics.

Nanya, the former employer of our esteemed CEO/MD - seems to have a focus on the automotive sector. Interesting that they are building an EUV plant.

BRN has just announced a partnership with SiFive https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/brainchip-and-sifive-partner-to-deploy-ai-ml-technology-at-the-edge.6679857/

That's big - RISC-V seems to be getting a foothold because of dominance by ARM (they own NVIDIA now which puts a lock on GPU processing)

The Automotive sector doesn't like being tied to a single manufacturer - too much risk. Going RISC-V breaks that.

There's huge amounts of opportunity in the automotive space - fast, low latency, energy efficient memory that can augment DRAM - can operate in a self driving computer under rugged conditions will be essential - and they look to be thinking about RISC-V - a standard that RERAM would be ideal for.

I think 4DS focused on being SCM in the server/cloud space to the detriment of all the other opportunities out there. The MD is in the process of changing that - and has stood on a few toes in the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.