4DS 1.25% 7.9¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-23030

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    Hi 8TEY.

Thanks for your post.

"And since the tech was tunable to either flash or dram type characteristics then it meant you could license to an HGST and still sell to a mobile market player without overlapping too much."

Well, may be it's possible to licence a specific tuning.
    The 4DS buyer will not be able to sell the licence for that tuning, but he will still collect the remaining licence fees if it's a twenty year licence.

The problem I see is more on the commercial point of view.

Could be wrong but I think that if you want to sell a company, you better make your proposition as clear and simple as possible.
    If the buyer can sell licences on any particular tuning after that, well, that something that add value to the technology / Company you are selling .

But don't do it before you sell, it will add an unnecessary level of complexity to your offer.

Imo, you can go the licence way or you can sell the tech or company, but not both.
    Unless you sell to a company in the licensing business like Rambus, of course.
    (or to WD)

But I understand that if Western Digital ask for a licence the 4DS value will go through the roof.
    The company will make money.

KH could go that way.
    He could hire some administrative staff and start a business of licensing.
    Could even be very profitable, even if JD had some doubt about it.

But then you'll not sell the company, except to Rambus an the like, and I'm not sure they will pay a huge amount of money this.
    Unless the techology is a tremendous success on market.

Licensing seems a good way to test the market at a low entry cost for any large company wanting to try the tech.

If we want to keep it simple :

- Best solution : sell the all stuff, as it is, without any licence already granted - A clean simple and unique deal.
    - Second best solution : sell licences

Not both.

I think we should find more clients for a licence than for taking over the company.
    Specialy if Western Digital asks for one.

A serious rerate on market could follow.

But if you want one final deal [and I think that's what the board is after], don't sell any licence.

But it's only the way I seee it.

dqS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.3¢ 7.9¢ $128.3K 1.598M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 768460 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 1660173 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.