4DS 1.25% 7.9¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-23034

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    To terminate the JDA they have to let it go until june 30, and refuse to sign a renewal.

That gives them some time to see exatly what results they have from imec.

Imo, to terminate the JDA they must have more than confidence in the results.
    KH would need to have serious expressions of interest from potential buyers.

He won't take the risk if it's less than that, imo.

The problem is that the JDA termination could be seen as a lack of interest from WDC.
    That could make 4DS look bad, as numantu said.

As for the licence to WDC, if western digital asks for a licence it will mean that they will not buy, imo.
    This is because they know that this first licence will put a rocket under the share price.

And we know that a takeover price will be market price + premium.

If 4DS price goes to 0,30 on a licence agreement, they will have to disburse at least 0,50 (70% premium).
    But is they ask nothing and make a sudden takeover offer when the price is at 0,12, they will have to pay only 0,20 to offer a 70% premium.

Of course, there could be a bidding war.
    But I don't think the technology as gained enough exposure in the industry to warant a big fight on a takeover price.

I can't see no bidding war, at least not this year.

After today's conversations on this forum, I start to think that the licence strategy could be the best for shareholders (fastest way to bags).

- No need to disrupt relations with Western Digital (lower price licence to WD will help us, in fact)
    - Realistic possibility of a serious rerate on market (3 bags ? More ? a "BRN" ?)
    - Realistic commercial approach => clients only have to pay fees to try the tech

Wonder if Wilbert and Kenneth could go that way ?

What do you think of it ?

PS -
    Maybe we could make a deal with Rambus so they sell the licences for us.
    Rambus itself could interested as they are starting to make their own chips (fast memory chip for data centers !).

https://venturebeat.com/2015/08/17/licensing-firm-rambus-moves-up-the-food-chain-to-make-its-own-chips-for-the-first-time/

Licensing firm Rambus moves up the food chain to make its own chips for the first time

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.3¢ 7.9¢ $128.3K 1.598M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 768460 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 1660173 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.