4DS 1.25% 7.9¢ 4ds memory limited

@Brabant90 - re terminating the JDA - my biggest fear would be...

1. 419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 354
    @Brabant90 - re terminating the JDA - my biggest fear would be the company's ability to communicate the decision in such a way that the share price doesn't tank - ie 2 line announcement limited to "Following extensive discussions, 4DS & WD have mutually agreed not to renew JDA. 4DS would like to thank WD for its support during the past 7 years. - Signed the Board"

The JDA is my number 2 on the 4DS mystery list. (No.1 is performance).

My lived experience is big companies dictate contractual terms to little ones. I once asked the VP of Legal for a fortune 500 company I worked at, would he sign our company's mandated supplier contract if roles were reversed. He said you would have to be crazy as terms were so lopsided. what.png

So when 4DS sat down with HGST pre-2015, I can only assume they were wearing the pants with Jim & Guido playing the role of wily foxes. My mind boggles at how you can determine what "discount" HGST would receive. It's not like there is a public market for license fees for technology not yet invented for a market that doesn't exist. Also did HGST include a prenup in case 4DS wanted a divorce? Did the agreement change once 4DS shifted to IMEC? How can 4DS own all patents? So many questions that knowledge of the JDA should have been enough to prevent directors from selling shares (IMO).

@hashtagyolo - I'm worried that there may be some parallels between your circumstances & the classic yet deeply disturbing Australian film Bad Boy Bubby. ie grown man going crazy from being locked in a basement, Do you own a cat? Is it breathing?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4328/4328522-aca7732720a95a47480d83e6eb4cc003.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.3¢ 7.9¢ $128.3K 1.598M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 768460 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 1660173 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.