4DS 14.3% 8.8¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-27342

1. 48 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    hi Dim. without doing the maths...and given im just a refinery worker and likely not capable of it...handy on an arduino/uC....but not much more....im assuming there are a few computational tasks that require many memory I/O within a second, hence requiring nothing but dram endurance...independent of the additional requirement to refresh for retention...but id think there would be many more tasks that don't that still require dram fast access but not many times a second/minute...currently these have to reside in the dram space because the latency of flash. i concur that dram (based on endurance alone) maybe wont be replaced but hoping the amount of it required could be significantly reduced with specs like 4ds has claimed....given the assumed power savings and inferred lower cost I've heard mentioned...be great to have some propellor head absolute chime in who understands memory management and what the potential is for 4ds spec memory to assume some/most of the current dram workload across the many and varied applications it is used for.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.