4DS 2.56% 7.6¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-27942

1. 773 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 697
    Hi dim81, I enjoy reading your posts and hearing your views. What Dr Wilbert said that about retention was obviously said well before the announcement about Megabit success. Clearly at that time (because we didn't have a functional chip), it was meant as more of an example of what might be possible and not what we actually had. Also, what attributes we ‘may’ have had prior to PL4 is also not relevant to PL4 and the megabit chip results.

You said “ David said in the video with Kevin that retention can be tuned to between 1 hour and 1 day.”

My interpretation (and one shared by others) of DM’s interview about whether retention is one minute or one day was just more examples of what ‘might’ be possible. I say this because my view is supported by the lack of any official statement in an announcement about specific retention metrics. In reality it might be (one second or one month) … we haven’t been ‘officially’ told.

Contrary to what might be thought and said by some here, I am not being negative or down-ramping. Sure, my wife thinks I have the memory of a goldfish but I would have remembered an official announcement about retention metrics. Statements that aren’t official announcements should be seen and communicated in the right context. It is really easy to interpret what is said, and then shared with (even) unintentional spin where readers might think that those are real retention specs ….. when they are not.

I really hope these examples of retention are vastly underestimating the real retention figures, because I have a lot of skin in the game. As '@Accumulator101' has eluded to .... The retention metrics and how the other metrics are affected by tuning is crucial information to have. Perhaps they will tell us, .......perhaps we will never know.

All we know for sure right now is that we have ‘persistence’. That is in itself an amazing success story.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.6¢
Change
-0.002(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $134.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.8¢ 7.8¢ 7.6¢ $140.5K 1.817M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 915262 7.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.