4DS 2.53% 7.7¢ 4ds memory limited

"4DS has always aimed at the same point, somewhere between DRAM...

1. 934 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 839
    "4DS has always aimed at the same point, somewhere between DRAM and SRAM" - Nope. I'm guessing you've only been backing 4DS for a year or 2? For over a decade 4DS was targeting somewhere between NAND and DRAM (something KAIST is now aiming to do) and 4DS Memory has stated this in numerous presentations and interviews with JD.

Because of the poor retention (less than what is required for SCM), its now had to pivot to somewhere between DRAM and SRAM - which before I get my hate-fan-club replying, is nothing wrong with that. Its a smart thing to do, if the IP you have is better suited for another role, then its a no brainer to pivot.

However because of that pivot, its stupid to ignore the other people also competing in this space, which is somewhat crowded by of the current gold rush that has been happening in R&D since 2021. The IP from 4DS memory will definitely have its place, no doubt about that. But its important to keep a realistic view in that the IP isn't going to be worth 500 trillion dollars, simply due to the fact that the industry has beeen developing alternate solutions to address the problem(s) currently faced.

And you're not wrong about DRAM - it really is near the end of its life, but while its still economical to manufacture and squeeze every little bit of optimisation out of it... it is still relevant. And on the topic of economics - we still do not know what the yield is for 4DS, and if that yield is too low, it won't be economical at all, which will also impact its value. Which is why I'm guessing they're taking PL5 a lot longer than usual, to try and improve the yield.

Thats all I'm trying to do - not down ramping, not up ramping - just trying to keep things in perspective, which only appears to be down-ramping because of how much unsubstantiated BS is posted (not you, but other people).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
-0.002(2.53%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.9¢ 8.0¢ 7.6¢ $127.2K 1.641M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 675235 7.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.9¢ 268061 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.47am 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.7¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.53 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.0¢ 8.0¢ 7.6¢ 942968
Last updated 12.06pm 15/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.