4DS 0.00% 7.9¢ 4ds memory limited

Hey@Film @CommanderDean @PsyaNite @mjshacklFirst of all thanks...

1. afd
    2,083 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 623
    Hey@Film @CommanderDean @PsyaNite @mjshackl

First of all thanks for the responses.

On balance I firgure your collective / average sentiment is that it would be / is stupid to suggest that a mob like Amazon (and it follows Google etc).

I get the point about ,say, Amazon not being intersted in 'buying' 4DS now or in the future coz they contract out the building of cloud service data centres.

But I can't get historical behaiour out of my head, albeit in a different enterprise.

I recalled Amazon's revotultionising of the ecomm / logistics industry and the stpes they took to get and keep an edge.

I rmember seeing stuff on the AFCs (Amazon fulfilment centres) and being blown away with the groundbreaking order fulfilment / logistics regimes they had in place. Originally subcontracting out the enirety of the building process.

Kiva systems underpinned the picking and packing process and was relly awesome stuff. Bezos obviously thought so and bought the company. Interestingly, post buyout, KIva stopped expanding its client base, got renamed as amn 'Amazon' thing and the rest is history.

Like you Psysanite, I am lazy so sought out help to write a summary of the whole business hich ppears below.

Really appreciate the edcuaction I am getting here though as a result of the contributions form many posters.

Cheers

Assessing Amazon's Potential Acquisition of 4DS Technology: A Parallel with the Kiva Systems Buyout

IntroductionAmazon's acquisition strategy often focuses on obtaining unique technology and intellectual property (IP) that can provide a competitive edge in its core operations. A notable example is the acquisition of Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics) in 2012, which revolutionized its logistics and fulfillment operations. Drawing a parallel between this acquisition and the potential acquisition of 4DS Memory highlights how Amazon's strategic objectives could align with integrating advanced memory technology to enhance its cloud services.

The Kiva Systems Acquisition

Unique Attributes and IP of Kiva Systems:

1. Robotic Automation: Kiva Systems developed an advanced robotic system for warehouse automation, which significantly improved efficiency and reduced labor costs in Amazon's fulfillment centers.
    2. Proprietary Technology: Kiva's technology included a proprietary combination of robots, software, and control systems, creating a seamless and highly efficient logistics operation.
    3. Market Impact: Post-acquisition, Kiva Systems ceased selling its products to other companies, indicating that Amazon bought Kiva to exclusively harness its technology.

Reasons for Acquisition:

1. Operational Efficiency: Kiva's technology enabled Amazon to streamline its operations, reduce fulfillment times, and manage inventory more effectively.
    2. Competitive Advantage: By owning Kiva's technology exclusively, Amazon prevented competitors from accessing similar efficiency enhancements.
    3. Scalability: The acquisition allowed Amazon to scale its logistics capabilities to match its rapid growth and increasing customer demand.

Parallels with 4DS Technology

Potential Advantages of Acquiring 4DS:

1. Advanced Memory Solutions: 4DS Memory specializes in Resistive Random-Access Memory (ReRAM), offering high performance, low power consumption, and improved reliability—attributes crucial for data centers.
    2. Proprietary Technology: 4DS's technology could provide Amazon with a competitive edge in its cloud services, similar to how Kiva's robots revolutionized its logistics.
    3. Exclusivity: By acquiring 4DS, Amazon could prevent competitors from accessing cutting-edge memory technology, thus maintaining its competitive advantage.

Strategic Fit:

1. Data Center Efficiency: Implementing 4DS's advanced memory solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers could significantly reduce energy costs and enhance performance, directly impacting the bottom line.
    2. Innovation Leadership: AWS is a leader in cloud services, and integrating proprietary technology like 4DS’s ReRAM would reinforce its position at the forefront of cloud innovation.
    3. Market Differentiation: Exclusive access to 4DS technology could differentiate AWS from other cloud service providers, offering unique performance advantages to its customers.

Comparative Analysis:

1. Operational Enhancement: Just as Kiva’s robots improved Amazon’s logistics, 4DS’s memory technology could optimize AWS data center operations.
    2. Exclusive Access: Amazon’s strategy of buying Kiva to keep its technology in-house suggests a similar rationale for acquiring 4DS, ensuring competitors do not benefit from the advancements.
    3. Long-term Investment: The acquisition of Kiva was a long-term strategic move to enhance operational efficiency. Similarly, acquiring 4DS would be a strategic investment in the future of cloud technology.

Conclusion

Elegant Argument for Acquisition:Amazon’s acquisition of Kiva Systems demonstrates a strategic pattern of integrating unique technologies to enhance its core operations and maintain a competitive edge. The proprietary ReRAM technology developed by 4DS Memory presents a similar opportunity for Amazon to optimize its AWS data centers, reduce operational costs, and offer superior cloud services. By acquiring 4DS, Amazon could secure exclusive access to cutting-edge memory solutions, preventing competitors from leveraging similar advancements. This strategic move would align with Amazon's history of acquisitions aimed at long-term operational enhancement and market differentiation, reinforcing its leadership in the cloud services industry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.9¢ 8.1¢ 7.9¢ $75.86K 954.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 240167 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.