4DS 0.00% 7.4¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-31357

1. 3,896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1870
    Look, you're not wrong on that front - however there has been some new information come to light about the capabilities of 4DS RERAM cells that were not previously known until the 5th Feb.

That is, the variable resistive/analogue cell writing capability. That's new information, in addition to the excellent read/write and cycling endurance figures.

When new information comes to light, it has to be reviewed in context of the company's strategic aims.

People might see that as shifting the goal posts, but this added capability may yield additional value to the IP and as such, would be prudent to at least explore. A development partner, working in the analogue computing space would help 4DS define that. I doubt WD is in the position to help on that. They don't strike me as an AI leader.

It might be of far more value to the company than the originally proposed faster than DRAM, persistent memory option the company has been looking at. And the company can still aim to operate in that space, they aren't mutually exclusive aims.

In the absence of a concrete offer from a household name, the company has to keep investigating what the tech can really do.

To use the mining analogy again, this is like a exploration company proving up a massive copper mine, who drills on the edge of the lease and encounters significant, unexpected gold in the core. Would they not at least investigate what is happening there?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $126.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.4¢ 7.4¢ 7.2¢ $29.84K 408.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 71284 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 185992 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.28am 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.