4DS 14.3% 8.8¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-31708

1. 794 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 745
    Jock you say …

”PL6 is the hail Mary. It may add orders of magnitude to current metrics and suddenly become very useful. I think in current form its obvious it really isnt a valuable tech.”

Please don’t expect orders of magnitude improvement from PL4. That’s not the goal with PL6. Scaling down will “hopefully” mean some increase in speed, but more likely lower power consumption and better endurance. My understanding though is the main reason for 20nm is improved yield / lower cost of production, taking up less space on already crammed circuit boards and also allowing use in more applications.

Opinions some have about IMEC just milking 4DS for money aside, IMEC clearly believe we have something valuable already and that it’s worth going the extra yards to make it even more valuable. They need the kudos as well.

I don’t mind 4DS preparing the ground early for a development partner agreement so that we can move forward quickly if successful at 20nm, but still don’t expect anything signed before 20nm success or a near miss at 20nm.

It was a bit tongue in cheek of me suggesting DM was possibly
    trying to encourage holding in this way….ie. just in case an announcement came re partnering. In truth I don’t think DM would try and manipulate holders like that.

GLTAH
    Last edited by gastrader: Today, 18:55

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.