4DS 2.22% 8.8¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-4098

1. 1,205 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 713
    Why does everyone seem to think that storage technology is all exclusive. Even if ReRAM becomes the next big thing, there will still be HDD and SSD made from NAND technology and there will still be DRAM. These aren't going anywhere and it might be decades before they do as each has a place in the system.
    I ordered a new 10tb HDD to replace one that shat itself in my server last week. I will be upgrading all of my RAID HDDs in the next year.
    That's right.. HDD... even though the technology is 30+ years old and has been superseded by higher-order technology 20+ years ago.
    It's cheap, effective and fills a niche that I have for RAID storage.

It won't matter if WDC gets a cheap license.. There will still be a buyer for the technology and whoever buys the technology will no doubt pimp off licenses to other manufacturers.

IF only one company takes on ReRAM and sits on the technology, trying to satisfy the market itself, the technology will stagnate and be forgotten until all the patents expire and the recipe leaked to the Chinese where it'll be worth nothing.

I'll brush off my crystal ball and tell you how this will play out.. Just like every technology has played out.
    1. Some company will buy ReRAM technology.
    2. Said company will sell licenses to Samsung, Toshiba, Sony, Apple, Mitsubishi, Sanyo, Seagate, etc.. etc.. etc..
    3. licensed companies will build in different directions upon the technology and compete with each other, just as they have with HDD technology and flash technology.
    4. IP owner will make a butt-load of money from royalties, whilst the rest of the industry understands that competition is a very very good thing in all markets. It creates innovation and makes the products available to everyone in every niche that it can fill. You no longer have one company lazily selling a single product, you have many striving to make it better than the next.

Yes, my opinion on this topic has changed over the last several months as I've looked deeper into the industry and compared the outcomes of different technologies. Competition always wins.. everytime..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
-0.002(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $155.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.0¢ 9.1¢ 8.8¢ $255.0K 2.855M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 201205 8.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.9¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.