4DS 2.17% 9.4¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-6433

1. 6,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1530
    Endurance
    Undoubtedly endurance is better than flash.
    Flash is in the thousands to tens of thousands.
    4DS is in the multiple tens of millions.

Speed
    They have repeatedly said "near to DRAM speeds".
    my imec guy mentioned it is faster for write speeds, not sure about read, but they do have an ASX announcement titled “4DS ReRAM Reaches Read Speed Comparable to DRAM" as announced on 13 June 2017. So... looks good as or very close to DRAM speeds.

Retention
    Retention was reported years before 4DS listed on the ASX.
    It was greater than 10 years at 85 degrees C. That's flash like.
    And it was still substantial at 150 degrees C.
    This was all done at cell stage and 16kB with the lab in Singapore back in 2012/13.
    @Khoutam posted the link to these performance metrics about a month ago, then I screenshot the retention metrics and pasted to this thread, also about a month ago. I had previously also known about this stat last year or 2018.
    The issue is we have received no confirmation that the retention is still this good. Scaling the density an order of magnitude (from kilo to mega) introduces an order of magnitude of complexities which may screw with previous performance.

Short answer; Now that we are at M (E^6) stage from k (E^3), we don't know if retention is still as good as what it was in 2012.

If it is...
    then with DRAM speed and endurance in X*E^7...

and it can be made with current fab equipment with no need for expensive capex programs...

then the only other variable that needs to be reasonable is cost to produce.
    Flash is something like $0.02/Gb to produce...

DRAM is something like several dollars per Gig to produce.

4DS needs to be as close to flash here as possible (which will only be achieved with volume production after industry adoption several years from now - but they would know now how many $/Gb this will cost at full scale volume production).

if that cost per Gig is low... and that retention is still as high as 10 years...

many rocketships. such moon. many bags.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.4¢
Change
0.002(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $165.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.5¢ 9.0¢ $160.7K 1.746M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 27317 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 480392 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.