4DS 0.00% 8.0¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-8331

1. 6,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1530
    Mmm I think it will be a competitor.

I'm definitely no expert but the areas over lap.

When I spoke with Kristie Mann (Senior Director of Intel's Data Center and Optane Products line) she acknowledged that Optane will be beaten on speed once RRAM's come to life. The conversation felt as though the whole PM/ SCM space have overlaps - but sure, there may be niche addressable markets within that.

I don't think Optane will be Intels last product in the space either. Meaning more direct competing technology is likely to come out from (or be acquired by) Intel that is more head-on to what 4DS is trying to do.
    Optane is certainly the product that is starting the ball rolling in the PM/ SCM space. It's a good thing for 4DS and the industry, because clients are starting to become familiar with the concepts that Optane introduces, ie: Persistence of memory, and at speed.
    The uses and requirement for this type of emerging memory will expand. The market for SCM will grow.

"Co-ompetition " is what Kristie calls it.
    Competitors indirectly scratch each others back just by virtue of developing technology in the emerging memory market and the market growing and demand for the products growing. All the competitors benefit as they all collectively sell more product and establish the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.