4DS 0.00% 7.7¢ 4ds memory limited

4DS - Anything but Charting, page-29632

1. 388 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    I think what makes it unique is the combination of the achievements / features. It's the combination of things and the potential applications that means that it has no competition.

The recent announcement by KAIST sounds interesting but on balance it seems 4DS is a long way out in front of the development process. KAIST could be doing this at the cell level (i.e. like 4DS 7 years ago). They so far have identified gains when compared to other PCM which was notoriously expensive and energy hungry.

They have said "improved manufacturing cost" which is saying it's better against the notoriously expensive PCM examples. aand "energy consumption is 15x lower than other PCM" but the issue was that PCM power consumption was already extremely high.

KAIST published a chart showing power consumption of 10^-5 to 10^-4 amps.

4DS in the recent presentation Iwr of 10 uA which is 10^-5 Amps.

It doesnt look like KAIST has stumbled upon the holy grail, they've just caught up to 4DS in one aspect (power consumption - granted there's lots we dont know about KAIST progress).

what we do know for 4DS:
    - no error correction required (fast)
    - fab compatible manufacturing process (cheap to build)
    - non filamentary (scalable and - non volatile (pushes the case for storage class)
    - tuneable retention (flexible)
    - faster than DRAM (fast)
    - high endurance
    > Proven in megabit array
    > protected by 33 patents to 60nm

Put all of these together and probably accurate to say "no competition". (I mean the simple fact that it's all patent protected means they really are the only ones who can make this the way they do).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $135.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.7¢ 7.8¢ 7.6¢ $81.35K 1.059M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 84059 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 60114 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.7¢ 7.8¢ 7.6¢ 780895
Last updated 15.57pm 16/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.