4DS 1.25% 7.9¢ 4ds memory limited

Hi Freeza,"im assuming they didnt want to fork out all this...

1. 503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 545
    Hi Freeza,

"im assuming they didnt want to fork out all this money on testing equipment until they knew they had someone who could sell the product for them."

Could be that.

But I rather think that the (potentialy) big money spent on a new test equipment was an answer to the november 2021 technical blunder.

From what I have red, latest semiconductor test equipments allow companies to check the making of wafers step by step instead of testing only the final product.

It takes between 200 to 700 steps and between 3 to 10 weeks to make a new 300 mm wafer.

If you have to wait for the wafer to be finished before detecting a problem, this could prove very costly.

This is exactly what happened in september 2018 and in November 2020.
    And it probably costed the previous team their job.

Short loop and new test equipment goes hand in hand.
    It allows company to dramatically reduce risk and time spent.

That's why I think that this test equipment is not positionned in 4DS facility in Fremont but rather at Imec or in one of Stanford Labs.

Stanford is good at modeling ReRam, but I would rather put the testing equipment close to the wafer production site at Imec.

If they spent 2 million for a test equipment just to solve this etching problem,... and avoid further surprises down the road to the platform lot, I think the money is well spent.

All imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.25%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.3¢ 7.9¢ $128.3K 1.598M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 768460 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 1660173 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.