MLX 5.95% 44.5¢ metals x limited

I post irregularly but no post of mine has said anything other...

1. 2,374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 739
    I post irregularly but no post of mine has said anything other than the capital management (by management) is poor. I thought the BB was the capital return we were waiting for. It wasn't. So management still sucking at this aspect. Don't care what the SP is but we have had a sustained higher tin price and, more to the point mate, a sustained cash build, for a lengthy time now.

This is not a comment on SP or where it's at. I do think this is a gift right now in terms of SP. I am not having a whine about the SP. Anyone that thinks this BB is the capital return the market was looking for though needs their head read and it probably explains the SP weakness vs tin price imv. You don't have to go far to find smarter heads than me saying this is an issue so instead of a bullshit defence of management and the stock please explain how this Claytons buyback is working for shareholders in getting returns above bank interest on half our equity?? Explain why we should take 4-5% on half our equity vs our IRR, of what 20%+?

All this talk of retaining capital for, first Rentails, now Ringrose, is silly. A decent capital return strategy would have SP much higher and capital can either be raised (at much higher price) when needed or it can be debt funded at that time, or combo cash/cashflow/debt etc.

We are trading on the same multiples as coal stocks and yet we are not a black energy stock, or in a resource that fails the ESG mandate of many funds, or mining a resource seen as having a limited future life, or in some dodgy jurisdiction. Why don't you explain why that is instead?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.5¢
Change
0.025(5.95%)
Mkt cap ! $403.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 44.5¢ 41.5¢ $893.6K 2.065M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15502 43.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.5¢ 268076 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.