4th of july shooting, page-8

1. 87,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    actually - I think you're wrong on your 99.9999%

when you see people at war (and, I use the term 'people' as opposed to 'humans' purposefully)

then really? -- your figure goes out the window rapidly

in our what we like, I suppose to call 'normal' lives - then, yes - particularly in developed societies - I would agree

culture moves the needle from your 99.9999 whatever quite a bit --------- ie. living in France compared to living in the US - chalk and cheese - - ditto for France and northern Europe compared to Oz or UK

but, overall - when we go to war -- it ain't pretty.

And, if we look at nations that have horrible evidence of war crimes -- eg. Germany and Russia - as opposed to others that were more??? honourable or humane or whatever -

I believe that we are all capable of the most horrific atrocities - it's merely conditions - change the conditions and eventually you will change the culture - it may take a while - but, it will happen.

I could be wrong - but, in this guys case - I see nutter written all over him - and, I see him as a potential in many families - I've met many who have been described as he has been described -- and, I noted what his ? grandfather said

something like 'he's a quiet person, keeps to himself' when I used to visit - we'd say hi and then goodbye,
    I didn't like having a conversation with him, so I didn't

and there we have it - social exclusion - no friends, no person to say - if you even need anything - call me (and mean it) etc etc.

when some of these people enter psychosis ---------------- there's no one to notice

and, god knows what their world is like - it's fed with guns, conspiracy sites and heaven's knows what else

so, one day - out they go with a real gun, into a real world and start attacking the people who don't know them
    Last edited by pintohoo: 05/07/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.