4wd's, page-3

1. 25,550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    I don't have a diesel but they are defiantly noisier than petrol but that is true of all of diesels, and these days also I do not see a great benefit in diesels unless you are on a farm or have the diesel available

Most petrol cars are so very quite that you don't know they are running so it is noticeable when it is a diesel

I do have both of my cars serviced as per instructions but I am yet to be convinced that it is necessary, the only reason that I do is that they will both be sold eventually with low mileage and it is better to sell with up to date maintenance books.
    With most modern cars and certainly with the Volvo range the engine computer operates all functions, steering, brakes,transmission so it is a full fly by wire type of unit, so if it stops, then it stops, naturally for the home owner there is very little that you can touch yourself in the way of service.
    I do have a connection to connect my laptop to the engine computer for fault messages which appear every now and then to tell me vital information such as when I am due for a service or that a globe is not working up to specifications

The 60 goes very nicely but a bit small for me and I know prefer the more upright and easier to get in and out of 4x4. Why do you believe that fuel costs will be higher? Their fuel consumption rate is very low

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.