OBL 3.88% $1.07 omni bridgeway limited

1. M22
    28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

Hi Matt11

Goldman Sachs reports for Omni Bridgeway (OBL) are published on CommSec with some extracts below:

- OBL is currently undergoing a transformation to a fund model which will deliver a more stable composition of earnings.

- Australian Class Actions comprise a shrinking part of the portfolio.

- Going forward, other types of investments in offshore jurisdictions are the growth drivers for the business.

- Growth forecast at a 49% CAGR from FY20-23E.

- Under the A$5bn FUM target, we estimate OBL can deliver >A$400mn in annual, stabilised NPAT by FY25.

My comments:

It appears that concerns around the the Australian Parliamentary Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services inquiry into class actions and litigation funding are overblown with respect to the future impact on OBL. In addition to GS's comments above that Australian Class Actions comprise a shrinking part of the portfolio, Omni Bridgeway's ASX release on 22/12 reiterates its longstanding belief in appropriate industry regulation. Perhaps this legislation will remove some of OBL's cowboy competitors ?

In my opinion as a long term shareholder, OBL is a complex and somewhat opaque business that is challenging to understand on so many levels.
    However what stands out to me is the exceptional leadership that includes vision, planning and execution which continues to transform OBL from a relatively high risk heavily weighted Australian legal case player to the World's Largest litigation fund manager with a stable earning profile.

Transformational on so many levels including: Scale, Growth Rate, Lower Risk, Capability and Global Brand Development for prospective fund investors and clients. As highlighted by GS's estimate that OBL can deliver >A$400mn in annual, stabilised NPAT by FY25. Forecasting out 5 years is a big guesstimate..... but hey how many companies with such a solid track record and a current market cap under 1 Billion have this level of potential?

Please do your own research and note this is not investment advise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OBL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
0.040(3.88%)
Mkt cap ! $302.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.04 $1.07 $1.02 $718.8K 680.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2726 $1.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 22840 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OBL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.