FMG 1.02% $18.44 fortescue ltd

$5 back on the cards, page-62

1. 3,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    IO price steady at US$38.00mt, Dow Jones up 90 points, should be agood day today all things being equal.

Since FMG went ex-dividend price was $4.33, closed at $4.54 and retreated back to $4.42.

Considering it went ex-dividend at $4.33, it is still up 9.00 cents, which is not a bad outcome.

Waiting on Formosa deal to be approved by FIRB and planned debt reduction announcement for this stock to kick to $5.00.

Sept qtr production and revenue should be a great result taking into account AUD in July & August (has increased in last few days) and steady IO prices to give FMG an even greater boost.

With total costs at low $70mt and IO prices at $130mt since 1 July, profit and cash generated will be a record result for FMG.

Rating agencies have maintained or increased credit rating is also a big positive, considering analysts were confirming the demise of FMG just 6 months ago.

Costs decreasing significantly, IO price steady, AUD , Capex coming to an end, cash reserves increasing and planned debt reduction can only point to one thing, and that is that the SP will increase significantly IMO.

Even with a margin loan , I will continue to hold as all of the fundamentals are positive. I could be wrong but rather than trust analysis provided by the likes of Morningstar (target price of $2.20) I would rather trust my instincts and research I have done, adding also that FMG management has not disappointed to date and handled the crisis in Sept 2012 in such a manner that defied all of the critics.

If the SP movers past $4.50 and remains at this level, then I will even be more comfortable going forward.

The only thing that could derail this is a plunge in IO price to below $90mt on along term basis, to date the signs of this happening is less likely based on China's strategy for economic reform and planned infrastructure projects

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.44
Change
-0.190(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $56.77B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.86 $18.95 $18.12 $237.9M 12.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $18.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.45 4950 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.