EVN 1.53% $3.98 evolution mining limited

5 Bucks!!, page-24

1. 6,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1198
    I've seen comments in the wild sceptical about EVN from a P/E perspective and I think they miss the fact that EVN is very proactive in sinking money into expansion and development for future growth as you point out and that distorts the picture somewhat. It's very dangerous to rely on market stats alone without digging into the bigger picture.

I recall EVN shares tanked when they took on a ton of debt to buy all those crown jewels from Glencore and I was outraged that analysts had obviously just looked at the word "DEBT" and panicked. It was the best money spent ever. Now all that debt has been repaid and we're still left with the mines that help us have this sub $1000 AISC.

The moral of the story is to know the story of the company; its philosophy and attitude, not just look at a column of reporting figures. But I'm a bit lost to see what EVN could acquire atm for a good price. There's a few good speccies out there like WAF, KZR, MZZ, etc. but EVN favours ongoing producers to leverage its existing skillset and resources.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.98
Change
0.060(1.53%)
Mkt cap ! $7.903B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.98 $4.02 $3.95 $41.93M 10.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 38469 $3.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.99 79948 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.