(Matthew 23:24) Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp...

1. 6,541 Posts.
    (Matthew 23:24) Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

Good comeback, except for the Matthew bit. Not sure the Bible is your exclusive property to use as your put-down go-to guide. That's probably even blasphemous. Anyway, you do understand that no actual rendering of the YHWH is known. That kind of makes the "J" debate meaningless.

I like the name Jehovah, rolls off the tongue very nicely. Is it God's proper name, well of course not, only things that are Created have names. But if we all know what you're talking about when you use this made-up name, what harm in that? All words were made-up somewhere along the line, even God.

I guess one could argue about a lack of respect using a proper name, seeing as all names for God are really titles, honourifics, except for this one that is your trademark and identifier. Too late now to fix it.

Just a minor point, it's interesting that God's Jewish name is acceptable even when so heavily Anglicised that it's unrecognisable from its original form. What does your name become when you travel to Israel or Spain or Italy. My name stayed the same, crazy right? If God told Moses His name was Yahweh, which He didn't of course, is it okay to change it so much to suit your own pronunciation difficulties?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.