I started with $10.3k around 6 months ago and had turned that...

1. 2,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    I started with $10.3k around 6 months ago and had turned that into $55k as of Thursday last week. I have just taken some heavy losses in the past 3-4 trading days (around -$22k).

I should still be happy with the remaining 200% odd return on my capital in such a short period of time as a new trader, but if I'm being honest, I am not. I know that is the anger and disappointment talking, and it's already manifested in irrational trading, greed, chasing losses, etc. which is why I'm even further in the hole than what I should be.

So... acknowledging my emotional state and current inability to see or think clearly, I'm going to take a break and just sit back, watch the market, get back to the books and podcasts, learn and reflect on my lessons learned.

Will likely resume my 5g portfolio when I return, whether in a few weeks or months I don't know yet but until then probably won't clog the airways here!

Quick thanks to everybody who posts here, STT threads as always a great place to learn and share with other traders - so thanks for making that possible.

Good luck to all on the run-up to Christmas!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.