XAO 0.14% 8,076.7 all ordinaries

What I'd really like to see is something larger than a "five...

1. 6,664 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1539
    What I'd really like to see is something larger than a "five grander".

I'd like to see a "fifty grander" ... a virtual one so as not to disadvantage those who don't have a portfolio that large.

Each person runs their own spreadsheet. An honor system. We could set up a template spreadsheet firstly to help out those who aren't too good at Excel, but also so there is some consistency in how trading is reported. No need for CC or Ammie to get involved. They have enough to do already. Each person must call a "buy" or a "sell" on the same day they do it. None of this coming back after two weeks and saying I've made a bag. I think there's enough eagle eyes on the STT to call someone out.

What's missing on the STT is "how do you go about your trading"?

Do you pyramid your way into and out of a position?
    If something rises 50% what percentage of your holding do you sell?
    How many stocks do you hold?
    Do you just focus on one sector, or spread the risk across multiple sectors?
    Do you just hold speckys or do you hold "real companies" as well?
    Do you hold high conviction stocks, medium conviction stocks and maybe pilot buys?
    No stock can hold more than 50% of your portfolio.
    How do you select a stock ... are you doing research ... if so how much, how many hours do you put in.
    Are you doing scans ... if so, what settings do you use. How often do you do scans?
    Do you eyeball lots of charts?
    Do you get information from the Twits?
    Do you check with the Mystical One before you buy a bit of fluff? (god help you)
    Do you use Broker Data?
    Do you take note of comments or tips on the HC Forums ... or from the STT?
    What trading rules do you have?
    Do you buy at market price, or do you set your buy price a couple of rungs down the ladder and just wait for a seller to come to you?
    Do you accumulate your position, or do you just go bang?
    Do you sit glued to the computer screen all day? Do you rely on message alerts? Do you have a full time job and you can only look at lunchtime?

etc etc etc the list is endless. When someone comes on the STT out of nowhere and says "look at me I've just made a bag", I'm always thinking yeah but when you stuffed up like we all do, did you cut your losses short?

Two prizes? Firstly the biggest portfolio, secondly the best managed portfolio (very subjective ... voted on by the STT faithful)
    Maybe it's just a 3 month competition, and not 12 months as the interest would wane otherwise. Also 3 months makes it more in synch with the whole notion of Short Term Trading.

Not sure if Minoil's still around, or if he's "taking a break from this social media thing" tongue.png

No idea why I woke up in the middle of the night and came up with this idea. Sleepy byes ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.