Hi all, have been keeping a low profile since leaving Oz just...

1. 7,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196

Hi all, have been keeping a low profile since leaving Oz just over a year ago. Have had a pretty rough trot both financially and healthwise but am slowly getting on top of it.
    Lost most of my money up until the end of the financial year just by my own stupidity. Final straw was selling the majority of my 1.60 shares in LTR for 1.05. They were in my IG account and gave me a balance of 5k to try and start afresh. I still hold about 1200 ltr in my Commsec account at 1.60.
    So I decided to have a go at the 5 grander.
    I was going to start 1/07/22 but jumped in a couple of weeks early.

Making notes as I make my trades.
    I no longer have the whiz bang charting packages so am just trying to make a small income. I get childlike live charts and the top 4 or 5 in the depth with IG for $20 a month so I make do. Have dropped a lot of the fancy indicators these days and am tending to concentrate on a couple of MA's, supply and resistance and the volume and price. Any trading I do now is around open or close, no longer impulse buying.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4583/4583059-41a10b51ae28b064401cbc864feb0da3.jpg

Those original stocks were some of the best performing over the last financial year and together with a few others I am hoping that can continue. After selling yesterday am keeping an eye out for any PA with AZL for a re-entry. Would like to turn a small profit so I maybe able to add a couple of more stocks to my PF as I did with BCB.
    As an aside, I ran a paper trading exercise over the last year which turned a very handsome profit which I will carry on for another year just see if it was not a fluke. I know paper trading is different but what I have been doing is very mechanical and the emotions must stay out for it to work from what I can see so far.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.