5 grander 2022/2023, page-39

1. 6,674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1552
    Nice to see you still around Rick.

"I did manage to keep a little aside"

I remember back in early 2020 when COVID first struck, the Market collapsed, the business I was working for had also collapsed, and was pretty much a shell just continuing so that it could pay out Job Keeper to it's employees. Still with debts and living expenses to manage, no jobs in the Market Place for anybody, let alone an old couple like us. Somehow the missus and I survived, and when the Market bounced I even got on a lucky, hot streak.

You'll find that most of us have blown up their account at one stage, myself included, but somehow we figured out a way to survive. Have a look around the STT and note the tone of the people that are posting. You'll find humble, grateful and modest people that are sincerely thankful for any blessings that the Market might have bestowed on us, whilst at the same time never forgetting the dark times we have been through.

I think it was Freehold that once said that most people will fail in the Market not because they don't have the skills or knowledge, but because they don't have the stomach for what the Market throws at them. He was dead right.

I can testify that it's not the "making the money" thing that's the hardest, it's the "surviving" thing.

Hang in there buddy. I wish you all the best.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.