2 cents from a noob. So hoping one day to be able to join the 5...

1. 50 Posts.
    2 cents from a noob.

So hoping one day to be able to join the 5 grander, great thread all by the way.
    Just wanted to share my story and maybe help/ inspire some who are sitting on the sidelines or paper trading.
    So I started just over 12 months ago with $1200 probably trivial to most here but to some it's a lot. After reading /studying heaps of books and finding stt thread I thought what have I got to lose. Not much was the answer but if I didn't lose I'd have a start and if I did then I'd have some education.
    Anyway got lucky at first and doubled my money threw in another $1000 and then made all the noob mistakes(trying to DT was the most expensive, falling in love with stocks, not having stop losses, buying into spikes/announcements/fomo the list goes on)
    After losing most of my profits ground it back up to around $3500 then had to sell about $2000 worth to pay some bills.
    Now have it back up too $2800, been a great education and I feel like I can make something of it and hasn't cost me anything.
    It's been a sharp learning curve and I should be up by much more but I'm more than happy with my entry to what I see as a great hobby and potentially something to create wealth eventually. Couldn't have done it without the help and knowledge of the STT crew and their Library and all the legends who contribute. I guess the moral of my story is if your thinking about stocks and you've found yourself here then you've got a better shot than most I say If you don't have much to lose then jump in and start because until you have you're hard earned on the line you really won't learn. But please listen when everyone tells you to DYOR.
    It's frustrating not having capital and seeing all the runners but I've found after I sell at a profit I'm too keen to jump on something else so that's when I make costly mistakes instead of taking my time so a blessing as well.
    I'm hoping to be able to join the five grander club soon, but until then I'll keep watching, reading and learning.
    Can't thank all the regulars enough.
    Currently holding lol
    IAM XPE CHK

Love, Light and Laughter

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.