TPT 0.00% 0.9¢ tangiers petroleum limited

Tangiers is beginning to wake from its 2 year slumber. It has...

1. 776 Posts.
    Tangiers is beginning to wake from its 2 year slumber. It has very obviously and aggressively broken a 2-year downtrend and it just so happens to co-incide with the fact that it is the cheapest offshore Moroccan oil company in the region. By virtue of it's 25% free-carried 750million barrel upcoming drill program, it also happens to offer the greatest leverage to any regional oil success of any stock on the ASX.

As every day passes, my belief in the company's immediate term share price is bolstered. It is the sentiment of fellow holders which demonstrates to me that we have only just begun.

Every great investment i've been involved in has started this way.

STAGE 1:
    Negative sentiment, neglected stock, lack of buying from instos.
    All time lows, potential investors thinking they can get in cheaper.
    Insto's thinking they have time.
    Retail investors poking holes in the company and asking themselves if it has any chance of running into the drill program.
    Very few people buy

STAGE 2:
    Sentiment shifts to neutral, share price improves from 23c to 30c.
    Talk begins to circulate about the potential drilling in the region.
    Insto's watch, and start to think about buying.
    Retail investors start wondering whether the company will run leading into the drill programs in the area. The majority find reasons why the stock won't move.
    A few more start to buy... this is where we are now.

STAGE 3:
    Approvals are formalised. Drill rigs start to trek across the ocean, drill programs by the majors get released.
    Broker reports begin to circulate talking about success case upside.
    Insto's still reluctant to dip their toes into the water, for the most part they watch intently.
    Retail investors wonder whether the company could possibly find oil. Is there any chance our company could ever come good??
    People are less inclined to sell. Share price starts to push slowly to 35-40c.

STAGE 4:
    Cairn and Genel start drilling for huge oil targets adjacent to Tangier's permits. Foum Draa...Cap Juby...Sidi Moussa... big targets.
    Insto's get excited now, and start pouring in.
    Research reports are all over the place now.
    Retail investors start wondering what the share price could get to if oil is found next door.
    The buying begins. Those that were waiting for 15-16c entry decide to invest a fraction of the money at 40c.

STAGE 5:
    Hysteria is created as the talk amongst oil and gas analysts is that Morocco could be the next major oil hub after East Africa.
    Instos and retail investors alike start to flood in not wanting to miss out on "the upside".
    The stock price approaches 60-80c in time for our own drill program.

I prefer to invest early... when no one is interested, when instos are scared, when retail investors doubt, when bargain hunters want it cheaper...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.