Hi AlbigaloI am sure that you have received lots of advice on...

1. 937 Posts.
    Hi Albigalo

I am sure that you have received lots of advice on this thread but I will give you my view for what it is worth.

The same circumstances confronted me in about 1998. I also had about the same amount of money after the ' settlement '.

The old saying goes something like " you cannot control your money until you control your emotions ".

Emotions and money are linked very much.

I would spend some time getting centred and dealing with the recent events in your life, spend some time getting to know yourself, make plans, dream, reflect, spend time with family and friends and do some silly things that make you smile, etc.

Once you are more centred time to start looking at the $50k.

This is the perfect amount of money!!!

If it was more you would have to play safe and if it was less it is not much, when you ain't got nothing to lose that is when you are most dangerous :)

$50k is enough to make a difference.

I used my $50k or so to buy a house to live in , mortgaged up and worked my you know what off to pay it off.

For me it was about having an environment that no one could take off me and it gave me a feeling of security that I was missing - that was me.

I would not invest the $50k anywhere until you have a dream and plans otherwise you will never know when the investment has served its purpose.

What would I do if I was back in the position again with 50k?

Probably go the property route again but I was brought up in rentals and am coded to want to own my place.

If not property I would probably wait for the next big push in the share market, margin loan to the hilt and go for it - probably 75% in CBA / ORG / APA and then some juicy little small cap morsels.

Once I had $150k or so I would go into property.

For what it is worth it is not advice just thoughts.

The main thing is to come out of this a better person, stronger, nicer and willing to embrace and create a great life.

All the best for your investments and the life they fit into.

regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.