WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

I don't really know, but I haven't revealed any technicals on...

1. 10,603 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1241
    I don't really know, but I haven't revealed any technicals on the stock recently - so let's have a look.

For those that are not technically inclined don't read; for those that are will be interested in your thoughts.

WSA has been trading in a five wave structure and the likelyhood it has completed retracement wave four is almost a "sure thing". When price has stopped falling on a cluster or price division there is a fairly good chance this is the bottom; further evidence is the overall price pattern structure - explaining structres is too time consuming so I will try to keep it basic.

Hopefully it is evident to you on the chart the current fully completed four waves. Anyone that has studied Elliot Wave would know 5 waves need to be fully complete before a termination and brief change in trend. We have seen during the two most recent retracement waves halting on the 61.8% fibonacci retracement level. Futher evidence is supplied the most recent 4.47 low is less than three days out from a critical turn-date.

Considering the technical information we currently have on board we shall try to predict future price action which of couse is never easy to do.

As stated above Elliot Wave requires five waves and we have thus far completed four waves. So we need one more wave; the fifth wave will always break the peak of wave three. This will entail an approximate fibonacci extention ratio to 1.27% that currently sits at $7.15 what is more, there is a price division extention cluster there as well trading at $6.95.

The date given when this price range will be reached is at the end of the full 360 calendar day cycle from the November 08 low which sits on the 16/11/09. A 50% rise in 10 weeks seems far fetched, but you gotta take a punt at measuring price action. I have put my analysis up here for you all to ridicule at a later date, so we shall see what transpires from here.

Good luck to WSA holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.