Another Top International Scientist Jumps off Global Warming...

1. 4,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 118
    Another Top International Scientist Jumps off Global Warming ‘Titanic’ by John O'Sullivan, guest post at Climate Realists
    Monday, November 22nd 2010, 8:48 AM EST

I can understand your entrenched views as you clearly can't see the significance of quoting info which is years old!

But, surprise, surprise, Dr Bogataj's position is a little different depending on where you look!!!

According to the articles in the Denialosphere, “Dr. Lucka Kajfež Bogataj left cold clear water between herself and her former UN shipmates by declaring that rising levels of airborne carbon dioxide probably don’t cause global temperatures to rise.“

Wow! Pretty damning if true; Dr. Lucka Kajfež Bogataj is definitely a prominent and respected scientist, as well as being an outspoken educator and advocate for climate science, (also here and here), and reducing CO2 levels …. except I can’t help noticing that’s not actually a quote. For some strange reason my experience with the Denialosphere makes me want to check what she actually said rather than rely on the claims of the Deniers (call me a skeptic if you must).

According to the article her actual words were:

“A detailed comparison of temperature data and the quantity of carbon dioxide captured in the ice shows, that sometimes it warmed up first and then the concentration of carbon dioxide increased, and sometimes vice versa, but on average the temperature changed first and some 700 years later a change in aerial content of carbon dioxide followed.”

http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/another-top-international-denier-silliness-or-two/

how're those cherries tasting???

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.