Well obviously DGcruizing..GRAPHENE...is a wonder material!I can...

1. 262 Posts.
    Well obviously DGcruizing..GRAPHENE...is a wonder material!

I can provide links to the significant developing technologies based on this substance..as can many others on this forum. But you can Google it all yourself anyway.

But, suffice it to say electronics 240 x faster(minimum) and much,much smaller than any surface mount technologies that are currently available and useable, will transform our world. Far lower power consumption and higher efficiency devices with LOWER manufacturing costs will drive Graphite into the stratosphere.

Think of it this way...Vinyl records were replaced with magnetic tapes...from inception the transformation took maybe 70 years...from tape to cd took another 20.from cd's to terabyte Solid State memory took 5 years.
    The time to market of devices based on Graphene will come very quickly...within 2 years..it is an exponential curve with imperatives( being energy of course) Devices which can scavange wasted energy(usually heat...come on CFU use the waste more!) will now become far more efficient to the point of becoming economically viable because the power requirement to drive such devices will reduce significantly. Thermo Electric Generation is not a new concept. But it is only through materials engineering that it is now becoming viable.

It has been calculated that if you could extract all the energy contained in ONE bathtub full of hot water you could power a household for ONE year. We waste far more energy than we consume..basically because our technology has not developed.

For instance, if memory serves me correctly, the Hydrogen Fuel Cell was invented in 1818-19. If the amount of money invested in Oil from then till now was invested in Fuel Cell technology we would be in a very different world now.

In fact San Francisco would have had an entirely Fuel Cell driven public transport system in 1966! but for Shell Oil Company buying up and shelving all the patents( In collusion with certain political figures). Shell were actually litigated against unsucessfully at the time. Of course they had the pollies and banks and the oil industry in general on their side. However heads did roll to some extent. (That is historically checkable if you care to look)

What this means eventuallly is that devices will no longer need batteries, they will power themselves from temperature differentials...Energy can be created by such devices from either a positive or negative temperature differential..always been there but not practicle...until now.

Silicone was the Holy Grail now it is a relic really..just like Vinyl records and Magnetic Tape..and CD'ds

We are getting to the stage where we can manipulate individual atoms...applying that to real world, consumerism is something else...but...Graphene is really close to implementation..much much closer than most would think.

I am going to shut up now for obvious reasons..firstly and foremostly that I hate typing...I want a thought controlled computer. After all..thought is the fastest form of travel.
    And graphite being carbon..as is 80 poo cent of the human body, is eminently integrable...we are trying with silicone nano fibres to imitate nerve function now...but the body basically rejects silicon..ask any woman with a burst breast implant....

AXE..and more

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.