GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

50 years of suppressing silver (and gold), page-20

1. 882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56

G'day SaturnV
    Yeah I agree with that statement for the gold market.

What I am talking about in particular is the silver market, and the short positions held by a few and in particular JPM, the last I read it was supposedly around 40,000 contracts or 200,000,000 ounces.

Now I dont think they are going to have anywhere close to that in physical bullion floating around, the CTFC hearing was about looking into position limits, nothing I heard that came from the hearing lead me to change my thoughts that these huge short positions were predominatedly naked positions.

How long will it take for the CFTC to come back with its findings and how will they find. 200,000,000 ounces is around 6,000 tons of silver, silver is considerably less dense than gold, so in volume, that amount of silver would require more storage space than all the gold supposedly in the possession of USA, at fort knox and elsewhere. It is a truely huge short position, especially in a limited market.

RB sorry if I got confused about you shorting gold, I cant remember when I thought I read it, but I thought it was you who said that you have played both sides of the gold market, I took that to mean long and short, apologies if I got confused.

cheers grant

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.