VPE 0.00% 41.5¢ victoria petroleum nl

500,000 shares @ 0.295 bought at pre-open!, page-28

1. 547 Posts.
    Hi Tui, I'm not a trader either, generally any stocks I buy I try and hold for at least 12 months, however I have learnt the hard way that buy and hold is not necessarily the best strategy (even for blue chips) and one needs to constantly review the situation, and understand what is going on, if they want to maximise their investment potential. Unfortunately I often don'take my own advice and end up being worse off as a result (VPE is to a degree an exception, but only in more recent times).

I've held VPE since March 2006. Interestingly they are currently at the price (post consolidation) that was my target for a short term trade (my first foray into trading, as opposed to buy and hold) I didn't sell at my target instead deciding to hold because of the potential, that was my first mistake. I've righted that mistake since and have banked some profits (though these have been used to buy back in again, increasing the total size of my holding for no additional outlay.

I'm not calling a sell at this point, but I'm also not convinced we have seen the start of a steady climb, never to come back down either. I'll hold for now, and if I think thinks are looking toppy I will sell (some) once again. If the sp reaches 54c (double my average buy price) I will sell half, which is my normal strategy...

This is my strategy and works for me. I'm not trying to convince you to change what works for you. Just putting a different oppinion out there. We have had this conversation before, approximately 18 months ago. How it goes this time, only time will tell :)

Tony.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.