NRL 0.00% 4.7¢ northam resources limited (application withdrawn 21 november 2022)

500m to 1 billion tonnes of coal is possible

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: 16 DECEMBER 2022 12:00 PM AEDT##
  1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    hello everyone

its been a bumpy NRL ride today for me, albeit profitable so far. bought at 10, sold at 12, bought back half at 11.5

why?

initially i had my concerns, due to the following quote, but a phone call to NFL allayed my fears somewhat

"A marine transgression, which halted deposition of Group III coals in the south, did not extend into the northern part of the Basin where coal measures continued to be deposited. Volcanism at this time resulted in major outpourings of tuffaceous material, which contaminated seams in the Fair Hill Formation and Fort Cooper Coal Measures, rendering them uneconomic at present, despite their considerable thickness."

http://www.bowenbasin.cqu.edu.au/basin_data/reg_profile.html

so, fears aside, today's announcement seems to have obviously understated the possible JORC

the coloured seam diagram shows a high grade area of 4km x 4km x 12m thick = 307m tonnes

the coloured seam diagram shows a larger medium grade area of 7km x 4km x 10m thick = 448m tonnes

if the 8,000 hectares mentioned in today's announcement contained coal at 8m thickness average = 1,024m tonnes

if the striped target area in the larger diagram held coal, this would amount to 2,458m tonnes

please, DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NRL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.