MFG 3.02% $10.22 magellan financial group limited

$50B FUM Getting close?, page-11

1. 305 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    having just read the mfg global low carbon objectives and seen there 1st update. there top 10 stock holding is very simular to the global fund.wether or not we see government regulations change over the coming years. people over the age of 55 believe they have to ethical and moral with there investment choices. this is a clear trend.

what this fund will do is create interest to super fund managers and smaller firm financial planners. should it get to the predicated 30billion fum. that's a 30 % in earnings to the business.

the 2nd advantage I see is it has more opportunity to outperform the market then the global fund as it is a much smaller fund by fum$. the global fund will find it difficult to outperform the market given its size. my example being the recent purchase of 20% of woolworths. it is less then 2% of the global fund. should Woolworths outperform the index it will have little effect on the funds performance.

given we are in june heading towards the end of the financial year, I would've thought changes to the superannuation cap would've boosted inflows more. its certainly been a missed opportunity. I note 1 month this year actually recorded outflows. well see the impact these changes have made when hub24 releases there fy results in a few months time I believe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.22
Change
0.300(3.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.847B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.98 $10.28 $9.96 $8.693M 853.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 151 $10.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.25 19100 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.