PDN 3.73% $10.00 paladin energy ltd

To all of you newbies to the U sector threads on hot copper, it...

1. 150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    To all of you newbies to the U sector threads on hot copper, it goes without saying please do your research on why to invest, long or short, in U. also spend a bit of time researching the posters, look at their language, their evidence to back their U investment thesis'. also have a look at how long they have been posting on the U threads, and remember, some people have an agenda, most are genuine but some are out to troll, belittle and to influence for their own benefit; long and short

if you're well researched and comfortable going short, then great, be happy with it and respectfully place your evidence. there will definitely be opportunities to short, and if you're, good make a motza.

if you see going long as the way to go, then likewise.

for the newbies, go back and study the charts from the last 'boom' it had many ups and some quite severe downs, but ultimately paid quite handsomely for those who timed their entries and exits. In my the opinion the underlying near to long term demand for electricity is only going to increase - dramatically, i really can't see anyone not appreciating that. so the question is, how are we going to produce this much electricity, cheaply reliably and with minimal co2 outputs.

If you are sure nuclear is the answer then your risk profile then your trading strategy will determine your decision to either go long or short and which companies you should go long in and how much of your portfolio you are comfortable to commit.

full exposure - i'm long on uranium, i've done my research and see a confluence of events that will benefit being long - over the medium to long term. I've invested in near term producers who only have to un wrap the mothballs and i've also invested in some speculative explorers for the longer term. I'm too old and slow to trade my way through the inevitable ups and downs and as frustrating as it might be to see this big drop, thinking if only i'd sold at $1.00, my thesis tells me it will do significantly better than that in the long run. i can take solace in the fact that as my initial purchases were not quite at the 1 year mark, i would have immediately lost an extra 25% of my profit through CGT.

Good luck to all, short or long - at the end of the day we're all here to make money so lets focus on that and not belittling other's decisions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.00
Change
0.360(3.73%)
Mkt cap ! $2.989B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.89 $10.16 $9.67 $30.71M 3.077M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10066 $9.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.03 1259 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.