AAR 8.70% 10.5¢ astral resources nl

Whilst I know this post is not meant to be misleading & was...

1. 3,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Whilst I know this post is not meant to be misleading & was posted for all the right reasons, posts like this can cause some harm with potential educated investors. Most educated investors would know applying a P/E ratio of 7 to a assumed mine life of 7 years is not logical, because at end of 7 years there is nothing left. P/E analysis is based on the ability to continue to generate cashflow year in & out, not just for 7 years. Discounted cashflow models are far more appropriate, due to the nature of the cashflows with mining companies.
    AAR requires one DCF model based on assumed gold reserves & productions at Mandilla (could only be a conservative estimate on known reserve, given we don't know upside yet) & another DCF model based around Koongie. By combining both with various assumptions on metal prices & production costs discounted at an appropriate discount rate we then have some real figures to apply. Whilst I am not going to supply such a model because I have done my own very rough calculations in my head, it is worth learning how to set up a good Excel spreadsheet with all the relevant factors such as production levels, grades,prices, costs, discount rate, exchange rate. Once you have such a model, can apply to nearly any mining project to identify its true value.
    Please take the above comments in a positive way as the more you are prepared to learn, the more successful not only your modelling but your investing.
    Unfortunately, the current market has produced a lot of one line expert posters who will pay the price for their inexperience in identifying what is real value from hype.
    Regards
    Buffett
    Good luck to all holders

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
-0.010(8.70%)
Mkt cap ! $98.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $132.7K 1.205M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 402668 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 410000 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.