VIL 0.00% 1.6¢ verus investments limited

51 million barrels just evaporated, page-2

1. 4,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    There seems to be a lot of talk about deceptive conduct over at ADX...but there is more talk about what has gone on technically too. Everyone is, to understate the stupefacation, puzzled.....here are some thoughts from PSI81:

Got me stumped.

It's not unusual for oil columns to look good during drilling and even in logging but then produce only water because the oil saturation is too low.

"But this well recovered oil from an MDT or similar tool. That would generally indicate moveable oil. It seems very odd that an MDT program would recover oil from, presumably, more than one depth (need more than one depth for a pressure gradient) and then the well flows nothing but formation water on test with NO indication of hydrocarbons.

I have NO doubt there is an oil column there but it obviously is not saturated enough to flow oil. The question is why the MDTs apparently recovered oil. The only thing I can think of is that they misinterpreted the MDT results in their optimism.

It's faintly possible they perforated off-depth and missed the oil zone. That's not unheard of."

Have they abandoned the well too early??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.