CCX 0.00% 12.5¢ city chic collective limited

Why are specialty retailers more susceptible to being sold as...

1. 1,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Why are specialty retailers more susceptible to being sold as opposed to outperforming? APE didn't, LOV didn't, CTT didn't etc. Torrid is up 200% from the lows. Money is returning to the space, but hasn't to CCX yet. My guess is that it soon will.

I disagree with your timeline. 2023 was always going to be the tumultuous year given the economic cycle and bloated inventory position - and it certainly was. 2024 will be the recovery year.

It's not a perfect science by any means, but look at Google Trends when the term "recession" peaked - roughly June 2022. Smart money knew even before that. Hard to argue that the sentiment isn't priced in.

Market is now pricing in rate cuts within the next 6 months~. I really struggle to share with your view that 2024 will be tumultuous. Short of insolvency; I don't see any way it could be worse than 2023. In fact I have a much rosier outlook.

The volume being exchanged here, IMO, looks like your typical small holders selling their $4k parcels that are down 77% at 5 year lows and doing so purely so out of desperation.

Absolutely, to each their own. I guess it comes down to everyones own risk/reward and what they think the market is pricing in. Going against the grain has often made me the most money but they do say "the trend is your friend"...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.