GDO 0.00% 30.0¢ gold one international limited

55 it's in , page-29

1. 1,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Unfortunately Froneman and team have decided to screw the retail investor, which I am sad to say doesn't surprise me a great deal.

The .55 cents is actually a ruse IMO. Baiyin are about to take control of GDO for significantly less - .46 cents per share in fact.

Lets look at some numbers;

Assuming their minimum required holding is 60% which is equililent to 709.598 million GDO ordinay shares.

(Currently 807.664m + the 375m Froneman is giving them for .40 cents per share)

Therefore they are actually paying as follows;

142.956m purchased at .53 from African Global Capital
    375m via the capital injection at .40c per share
    188.679m (Additional Subscribing Shares in the event stock holders don't want to part with their holding for .55)at .53

Guaranteeing them a holding of 706.635m(3m below their 60% holding) shares at an average purchase price of .46 cents per share, even if not a single retail or institutional investor parts with their scrip at .55.

If you though that was bad for retail investors what about the following clause;

"Should Gold One not achieve its forecast production target of 120,000 ounces of gold in its financial year
    ending 31 December 2011 (which it expects it will achieve), other than by reason of matters outside of its
    control, BidCo will be entitled to be issued with a number of Adjustment Subscription Shares, which number
    will be calculated in accordance with Schedule 5 to the TIA (refer to Annexure B), up to a maximum of
    492,002,621 shares. No additional consideration will be payable in respect of the issue of Adjustment
    Subscription Shares (if any)".

In summary this deal is stacked in the favor of the bidder. Retail holders would of been significantly better off had management truly acted in a value accreditive way -Which IMO would of started with no Rand Uranium deal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.