5EA 2.38% 8.2¢ 5e advanced materials inc.

Look, I am a bit bored waiting for the market to wake up/and for...

1. 156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    Look, I am a bit bored waiting for the market to wake up/and for "new" energy related commodities to lead the way from temporary market corrections. I run periodical searches for anything boron related and laser boron fusion came up again.

It's still early days for fusion and lots of theoretical ways of doing it are being investigated. As the saying goes it's only 20 years away (said since the 1930s) but I belive it would one day just suddenly be here. To me it seems you need more boron than hydrogen, but I am no physicist. I see it as a promising venture that could bring increased awareness of boron, but not our main immediate SP driver.

More on TAE and related subjects:

I thought this video had a good primer on TAE Technologies tech from 1:44 (21st February 2022).

Note: TAE Technologies platform can accommodate hydrogen-boron, and also operate on deuterium-helium-3 (D-He-3) and conventional deuterium-tritium (D-T) fuel.

"TAE Technologies has developed a proprietary platform that we call an advanced beam-driven Field-Reversed Configuration (FRC), which combines accelerator physics and plasma physics to solve the challenge of confinement, both from a cost and performance perspective. Since our inception in 1998, we have been committed to pursuing a fuel cycle based on safe, plentiful hydrogen-boron, also known as proton-boron or p-B11, which avoids any environmental impact, particulate emissions and radioactivity. In addition, this fuel cycle maximizes the durability and lifetime of our plants. Our configuration can uniquely accommodate hydrogen-boron, and also operate on deuterium-helium-3 (D-He-3) and conventional deuterium-tritium (D-T) fuel." https://tae.com/faq/

This video from 6:36 describes HB11 Energy, an Australian Fusion Company that also researches laser boron fusion (23rd March 2020).

What I find interesting about the HB11 process compared to other forms of fusion is that it creates positively charged helium atoms which you can use to create a current directly instead of using the energy to create heat to then create steam etc.

Bloomberg Quicktake: Originals (15th July 2022) "Why Private Billions Are Flowing Into Fusion" gives a good overview of alternative privately funded fusion projects but sadly does not include a segment on laser boron fusion.
    Last edited by ETcopper: 20/07/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5EA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.002(2.38%)
Mkt cap ! $27.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.4¢ 8.0¢ $21.30K 263.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 53000 7.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 17913 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
5EA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.