5EA 7.89% 20.5¢ 5e advanced materials inc.

"Rhyolite Ridge is working to minimize impact to Tiehm’s...

1. 154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    "Rhyolite Ridge is working to minimize impact to Tiehm’s buckwheat, a plant species listed as Endangered by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service that is endemic to Esmeralda County, Nevada. The project has already invested $1.2 million on research to preserve the plant and has revised its entire Mine Plan of Operations to avoid all direct impacts to the plant. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will formally consult with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to assess the potential impacts of the project on Tiehm’s buckwheat, and is also preparing an Environmental Impact Statement pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). LPO issuance of the loan is contingent on Rhyolite Ridge’s completion of NEPA and commitment to allowing LPO to monitor the site."

I think I've read somewhere that Tiehm’s buckwheat is not just endemic but is actually only found where Ioneer plans to build their open-pit mine. Final environmental approvals hinge on this plant. I can see public opinion killing this. There have already been headlines juxtaposing nature vs EVs around this.

Is 5EA/FEAM part of the 125 active loan applications? One can only speculate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5EA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.015(7.89%)
Mkt cap ! $68.02M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 20.0¢ $109.8K 539.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8764 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 46314 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
5EA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.