TLS 0.25% $3.92 telstra group limited

5G is coming Bye Bye the Gillard NBN Scam ;), page-27

1. 6,777 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 260
    so have they solved the problem with congestion with mobile networks and data cost or something?
    From my experience with 3g/4g if their is congestion in your area (to many people accessing the same tower) performance is terrible...

Also data costs are thru the roof.. Testra has recently released it's best priced mobile data plan yet at $69 for 40gb then you are capped and can no longer stream video etc.

Bare in mind the most bandwidth used by your average home wired connection these days is streaming video for example netflix.

As and example netflix uses 3gb per hour for HD and 7gb per hour for 4k which all new tvs are capable of and they only way to get 4k is streaming via the internet, standard TV broadcast tech can not even do 1080p..

So under 6 hours of ultra high def or 13 hours of 1080p will see you capped on telstra's maximum plan.. I currently pay $50 for true unlimited downloads with no capping or slowing on a wired connection.

if 5g towers could handle the entire wired network bandwidth switching over with comparable data costs for heavy users only then would NBN be in trouble.

I admit it will do for a lot of people that don't stream anything and just browse, but in the future everything will be streamed standard broadcast will one day be turned off.

Just my 2 cents

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.92
Change
-0.010(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $45.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.89 $3.92 $3.87 $132.8M 33.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9138 $3.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.92 944237 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.