5GN 3.23% 15.0¢ 5g networks limited.

Hi PC3 - apologies for slow response, I travel a bit for work...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 491
    Hi PC3 - apologies for slow response, I travel a bit for work and so can take a while sometimes.

I've coded all the indicators myself- or more correctly I've copied, mashed together and modified code from lots of indicators on Trading View to come up with my own home brew versions to suit what I was looking for. I haven't published any but I'll run through what they are and if you're interested in any of them I could probably just post the code in Notepad and you could copy that into a blank indicator template- I'm pretty sure that would work.

The trend lines, channels and support and resistance are all manually drawn and @budfox26 is correct the moving average line is a 50EMA that I leave there because it often acts as support or resistance. Sometimes I'll look at the 200MA or EMA if it comes in to play but I don't use MA's or MACD for entry/exit triggers as I find them too laggy compared with other methods. Budfox is also spot on about the relative effectiveness of the indicators. The indicators I use are to provide me with a quick overview or "state of play" when looking at a chart and to trigger alerts on stocks at the top of my watchlist- saves time and helps me to watch more and miss less. But I find Wyckoff/VSA methods of reading price, volume and changes in the supply v demand dynamic much more effective when looking for entries and exits around key areas. Still on my P plates learning this and I reckon another 12 months or so before I have enough miles under my belt to negotiate lots of different conditions.

The main thing that I do differently to most with drawing channels and trend lines is for stocks in a relatively long term trend I'll switch to the log scale (semi log) chart, draw the channels and then transfer them to the standard linear scale chart. Log charts show the vertical scale in percentage terms rather than a fixed increment, so show the rate of change over time accurately. A different way of looking at the same thing. These AR (Alternate Reality) channels are drawn on the chart as dashed pink lines and show if price is maintaining the same rate of change over time. We had a chat in the charting thread about this and here's a link to a post where I describe how to draw AR trend lines and channels: https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/39305115/single

Each of the other indicators have a fair bit going on - for short term trend identification I use the middle heat map looking indicator called "E Zones" - Entry Zones. It shows green for trend up and black for down and has 4 lines, the bottom 3 lines are the Immediate, Minor and Major trends and are based on the Hull MA- the 10 day, 45 and 100. The Hull MA and the Durik MA's are the best ones I've found for turning quickly for longer timeframes but without being whipsawed around like a short term standard MA. The top line is the entry zone part, which is based on the 3/8 trap- it shows green or black for entry zones and grey when nothing happening. These zones are not triggers in themselves, but highlight times to look for a trigger.

Here's a video by Doug Campbell that explains how to use the 3/8 Trap:
    Quickly through the other indicators, I have my Volume indicator coloured to reflect strong through to weak and neutral momentum based on 5 different momentum indicators. The line of coloured squares are the Enrty Zone colours with a white cross if strong momentum coincides with an entry zone for example. These can be good entry triggers in themselves but I use them to set up alerts

Lastly is the Wave Volume indicator I made a few weeks ago, based on the Jurik moving average to pick price turning points and shows cumulative volume for each price "wave"- shown on the main chart as the zig zag line. This is really useful for analysing the strength of pullbacks and continuation moves within a trend using Wyckoff techniques.

Phew- alot more info than you bargained for I'm sure! tongue.png. Anyway, let me know with any querstions or if you think any of these would be useful.

Cheers. Rooster.smile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5GN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $46.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $6.715K 45.07K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 827895 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 260602 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
5GN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.