TLS 0.26% $3.90 telstra group limited

Investor activity in residential markets is currently quite...

1. 609 Posts.
    Investor activity in residential markets is currently quite strong but the RBA acknowledges that “history shows that sentiment can turn quickly, especially if prices start to fall.” Historically low rental yields and falling rents across some cities suggest that valuations are stretched.

Monetary policy, particularly as it relates to Australia, is in a really interesting spot right now. The optimism of the RBA is coming up against a banking sector that is more circumspect.
    Commodity prices and the housing sector are the two areas that warrant close watching – not just due to investor exposure, although admittedly housing and mining stocks are two of Australia’s favourite investments – but also due to the effect that these sectors can have on the broader economy.

We have seen in recently years the damage that falling commodity prices can have on federal budgets, private sector wages and inflation. I’m not sure the RBA has the ammunition to manage another collapse in the price of iron ore and coal.

Similarly we can hardly afford a decline in Sydney and Melbourne house prices, although many analysts would argue that we can’t really afford an increase either.

Don't got me wrong I want TLS to go down to $4 so I can buy in at cheap and div payout still at 15.5c per share.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.90
Change
0.010(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $45.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.90 $3.86 $47.13M 12.11M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 85316 $3.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.90 383741 58
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.