CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

Coppertop,What I see from 12 months ago is some of the same...

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Coppertop,

What I see from 12 months ago is some of the same people promoting the virtues of CNP/CER. CER was over 40c 12 months ago. Now its at 7.4c and I see the same promotion, in fact have been seeing it all the way down to the 2s and back to current prices.

Let's not beat around the bush. The likes of CNP (and to a lesser extent CER) have been ravaged by the economic situation much much more than most stocks (certainly not a broad and equal effect). This is solely due to too much debt. The growth plan that gave the shareprice its heady heights was due to a flawed growth plan.

The argument now is whether CER is truly valued based on its current assets and borrowings. I think the argument that it is under-priced is quite valid, the question is by how much. Certainly the question many investors would have is what potential does CER have to grow in the future, at the moment, it is about survival, and selling assets to reduce debt, and the company has been priced accordingly. Let's not beat around the bush, CER is still scraping around at historical lows and has alot left to do to before the majority of investors will be comfortable in investing in this one again. Purely a speculators stock at this point in time. This has moved up from being an outright gamble 12 months ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.