"my father, as a child, had to steal while in Marseille, so he,...

1. 11,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "my father, as a child, had to steal while in Marseille, so he, his mother & siblings could eat."

This is the same reason behind the incarceration of many of the convicts, only they were caught.

The British upper crust still doesn't get it as they continue to cut welfare, especially towards the disabled and elderly. Eugenics never died. Today the English have their cruel and unconscionable "death pathway" to speed up the demise of the "useless eaters".

Britain has seen a 30% rise in deaths from hypothermia in the last winter alone and malnutrition, including Ricketts, has risen its ugly face once again.

The United States is no better. Homeless shelters for families is beyond Dickensian as evidenced by the following description from a New York shelter:

"She wakes to the sound of breathing. The smaller children lie tangled beside her, their chests rising and falling under winter coats and wool blankets. A few feet away, their mother and father sleep near the mop bucket they use as a toilet. Two other children share a mattress by the rotting wall where the mice live, opposite the baby, whose crib is warmed by a hair dryer perched on a milk crate.

...Her family lives in the Auburn Family Residence, a decrepit city-run shelter for the homeless. It is a place where mold creeps up walls and roaches swarm, where feces and vomit plug communal toilets, where sexual predators have roamed and small children stand guard for their single mothers outside filthy showers.

It is no place for children. Yet Dasani is among 280 children at the shelter. Beyond its walls, she belongs to a vast and invisible tribe of more than 22,000 homeless children in New York, the highest number since the Great Depression, in the most unequal metropolis in America."

Hopefully Australia will not follow in the wake.

"personally, I cannot feel proud of desperate people that came to this land & carved a living out of the bush, at the expense of the local inhabitants"

Ask an indigenous person today whether they would like a return to their past way of living as I have done. You might just get a surprise.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.