ORG 0.28% $10.62 origin energy limited

Unfortunately my post did not age very well. First ORG gives...

1. ew1
    232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53
    Unfortunately my post did not age very well. First ORG gives away 10% of APLNG almost for free, then Omi makes its way into the world...

Though positively, Oil is back to the 80's and JKM gas and coal prices remain at elevated levels. Plus Octopus has been revalued almost 3times what ORG paid for. So for now fundementals are being held together.

All we now need is for ORG mgmt to hold off on any dumb moves and just focus on bringing the ORG Energy Markets back to profitability. Aggressively bidding thier plants in the NEM and using their vertical integration to pan-fry new entrants and unhedged Solar/wind PPA offtakers would be one way to generate a respective return to cover capital costs. (Competition policy does not preclude a business from returning to profitability!...)

Separately, M&A could also be on the cards but i doubt there would be adequate premiums priced in given ORG share price is still trading at around 50% of pre-covid levels (plus mgmt seem to be inclined to be a price taker at any price....).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.62
Change
-0.030(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $18.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.78 $10.78 $10.62 $35.73M 3.352M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 8855 $10.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.63 4290 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.