AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

It appears from this article that it hasn't hit the radar still...

1. 559 Posts.
    It appears from this article that it hasn't hit the radar still or this will be in favor of new tech, that we eagerly await to be rolled out.

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2014/alcoa-plant-closure-delivers-another-blow-to-coal-power-industry-77925

particularly the final comment from Mark Wakeman...

The rapid loss of manufacturing jobs requires a change in direction and a rethink,” Wakeham said. “Why isn’t Victoria protecting and pursuing jobs in solar water heating in factories in the south-eastern suburbs, or wind tower manufacturing in Portland, instead of attempting to develop new polluting brown coal mines?”

At the end of the day it appears also no one has an idea where they are at the moment, this includes state and federal Government, even exergen not updating its news facilty on its website..., hence the relentless wait. However, I do feel very strongly a positive result is not far off...IMO

Note this comment and further 6 below in the article

If Alcoa closes this plant, we will go damn close to 20% renewables the day after! a gift to Abbott. I wonder what he has planned when he gets control of the senate, and what deal Clive Palmer will get on his carbon tax bill, and for that matter his environmental issues in Townsville to get his votes. I'm all for economic responsibility but are we looking at another GE and Carlisle run country, God help us all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.